Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TRAVEL TIPS

My travel tip to everyone is:  Explore your own backyard!

Often we overlook the very places that we know best.  Many people don't envision their hometowns as tourist attractions.  Regardless of where you call home...Somebody would like to visit it.  So the next time you have idol time on your hands, I suggest getting out and explore your hometown as if you were a tourist.  You may actually learn something new or at least get a different perspective of your hometown. 

Now, I am probably one of the biggest culprits of not exploring my hometown.  I live just outside of Washington D.C.  I rarely travel into the city.  I avoid it like the plague.  All the traffic, the chaos of lost tourist and vendors pushing cheap trinkets. 

I have decided to change my ways and commit to exploring my hometown more often.  I challenge you to do the same. 

Please share what makes your hometown special.  What city would you like to visit?  Share in the comment section.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment